06 February 2016

WANTED: One piano player to work with shy soprano

I am looking for an accompanist.

Let's take a step back.

I consider myself a singer. I went to school for voice. I like singing. All that jazz and whatnot.

However, I have terrible stage fright. I don't know what it is about singing on stage, but I just can't do it. I clam up. I squeak. I am just pretty bad.

However however, I wish to belong to the Sarah Brightman School of Performance. This is something I came up with several years ago. If you don't know Sarah Brightman, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

Just LOOK at her!
This is Sarah Brightman and she is my queen. -->

She has a gorgeous voice and never wears pants. Which is why I joke that the SBSoP's motto is "Cantate magnum, sine aliqua." That translates to "Sing big, without pants."

I'm funny.

Anyway, I'm getting off track. I am thinking about setting up a vocal recital for myself because I never got to do one in college. It's a long story, but that doesn't matter now.

What matters is that I would like to do one now and I need an accompanist, but the ones I know do not live around here, and the ones that live around here I do not know.

Sad face!

So if you know someone, please let me know. I'm looking to do some standards, some pop tunes, a few musical numbers, and maybe an aria if I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment